Final year SAICA Trainee Accountant (signing off December 2021) offering over 3 years of auditing and accounting experience, including drafting of financial statements and independent reviews in a medium sized firm located in Johannesburg.
Committed to creating a harmonious yet incredibly productive work environment amongst the team to contribute to team objectives and fostering company growth.
Seeking a new rewarding opportunity with a progressive company where my experienced and skills may be utilized to make a positive contribution to the organisation.
• Demonstrated time management skills by meeting tight deadlines through task organization.
• Developed technical knowledge in the accounting and auditing fields through combination of workplace training and formal postgraduate study.
• Gained knowledge of accounting principles and standards and general business practices to critically evaluate financial data and transactions.
• Received, reviewed and verified validity and completeness of appropriation, accounting and financial information
• Extracted and manipulated data using Sage Pastel, Xero, AccPac, Caseware, software systems.
• Completed financial statements applying IFRS and IFRS for SME’s.
• Supervised teams of 3 trainees at a time.
• Reviewed general ledger entries and assessed accuracy.
Work experience obtained through the following engagements:
AGSA (Auditor General of South Africa) – Seconded for 6 months
– Exposed to the public accounting package (Teamate)
– Completed testing in multimillion-rand sections such as revenue and expenditure
– Participated in meetings with the department CFO’s and senior accountants.
– Exposed to auditing (and thus re-performance) of the costing of inventories in manufacturing companies.
– Performing of risk assessment and identifying risks specific to the environment.
– Exposed to performing audits on inter-departmental costs within one entity.
– Completing audits at homes for the disabled, engaging with the residents.
– Auditing funds received from government to run such homes and reporting the findings to management
– Extracting old school paper based financial reports and verifying their accuracy and completeness during testing.
– Leading effective meetings with management to gain an understanding of the company.
– Assessing management responses to questions for risks in planning of the audit.
– Performing reconciliations of VAT, Employee costs, Debtors, Creditors.
– Physical asset verifications.
– Inventory stock counts.