RE: Application for the Business Analyst role
I am writing to apply for the Business Analyst role. After reviewing the job specification for this position, I am confident that I will be able to perform to a very good standard, if given the opportunity. My reasons for applying for this job are as follows:
Education and Qualifications
I am educated to degree level and hold a BA Hons in Accounting and Finance (Coventry University 2008). I am also currently part qualified CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants). My degree Education gave me a solid grounding in accounting principles and Bookkeeping. I also have Excellent knowledge of SAP financials accounting software and advanced Excel skills.
Knowledge and Experience
• Bank reconciliations
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Prepayment and Accruals processing
• Preparation of Month end management accounts packs
• Preparing the standard journal entries adjusting entries that are made to the general ledger every month to balance account variances.
• Reconciling intercompany transactions
• Investigating budget variances and providing narration on this in month end reports
• Budget preparation, including putting the relevant data together and designing budget templates
• Project management
Skills and Abilities
Communication: Very articulate and always concise. Excellent ability to adapt my communication to specific audiences. Proficient at delivering oral presentations. Very good active listening skills. I ask engaging questions, craft thoughtful and intelligent responses, and respect others by not interrupting them when they are speaking. Timely attention to messages sent via electronic media and always maintain professionalism in all levels of communication regardless of how informal the mediums are.
Time Management and Flexibility: Excellent time management skills developed in and outside work. Managed to complete my university studies on schedule while juggling my time between my studies and my family (Wife and daughter). I currently work full time and engage in voluntary work one day a week, and again while still finding time for my family. Always priorities my work and stay focused on deadlines.
Computer literate and proficient in the use of accounting and IT packages SAP Financials and JD Edwards
Proficient in Ms Office applications such as word, outlook, and Power Point. I have advanced excel skills including using formulas, V lookups, Sumifs, and Pivot tables
Look forward to hearing from you.
• Responsible for delivering a robust/accurate/credible set of month end reports/dashboard for projects data,
fully reconciled to the overall monthly accounts
• Responsible for creating and updating relevant cost databases for total programme cost (including material,
tooling, facilities, labour and overheads, logistics
• Review current processes evaluating & reporting effectiveness & identify opportunities for improvement
• Manage monthly and Year end Project accounting
• Chaired and managed a weekly financial review to manage financial risks and opportunities with key
stakeholders (PM, Engineering, Purchasing etc)
• Collaborated closely with Purchasing and PM teams during the cost target setting and sourcing process
• Responsible for reviewing of Capital Project Appropriate Requests (PARs) and Project (WBS) Structures
• Processing of Budget transfers and requests in SAP.
• Reviewing of shopping cart orders within established procedures
• Preparation of asset records for capitalization
• Providing high quality financial data to support the Asset Creation and Verification process.
• Provide financial support to the business to aid the Asset Life Cycle Management process.
• Business partnering with existing internal manufacturing stakeholders to resolve any existing and new asset
• Manage and maintain the SAP Project structures and support the Business with their purchasing
Responsible for receiving and analyzing asset audit forms
• Processing Asset disposals through SAP
• Processing asset transfers through SAP
• Processing Asset Capitalisations through SAP
• Reconciling Serbanes-Oxley Asset verification audits
• Providing ad-hoc analysis to the Business Accountant
• Preparation of group sales volume reports, ensuring integrity of base data. Consolidation of weekly KPI data
to assist with preparation of weekly materials and labour reporting.
• Preparation of weekly direct and indirect labour reports.
• Preparation of Heywood shared-service cost report.
• Uploading of month end journals into SAP Review all un-receipted PO’s over 60 days old (GR/IR).
• Preparation of monthly cost centre reports.
• Provision of ad hoc management accounting support to Bakery staff.
• Maintaining the fixed asset register and making sure depreciation is updated accurately each month
• Posting all monthly fixed asset updates into SAP ERP fixed asset sub ledger
• Daily bank reconciliation of a bank account with three different currencies and transactions in excess of a
million dollars and posting the relevant journals into SAP.
• Cabin stock analysis for more than 50 flights a week
• Ad hoc cost and financial analysis for the Financial Reporting Accountant
• Responsible for the preparation and posting of month end journals, accruals, prepayments, re-charges and
carrying out general ledger accounts reconciliation within tight deadlines;
• Provide vital financial management support across a range of budgets in excess of £10 million
• Responsible for analysing monthly departmental income and expenditure figures and comparing them with
budgets to establish and investigate any variances;
• Monitoring internal controls mechanisms and ensuring figures are robust and accurately recorded;
• Ensuring staff advances and expenses are paid and reconciled according to financial procedures;
• Responsible for producing a suite of reports around KPIs, budgets and overall performance for senior