My client is a ground-breaking sports betting software and data services company. We have market leading skills in software delivery, data management, modelling, pricing and sports trading and work with a number of the world's leading betting operators including SkyBet, BetFred, William Hill and of course we power our own Sporting Index spread betting business.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional infrastructure, software and data products that solve customer problems using the “right” technologies.The Person
As a DevOps specialist you will be passionate about delivering high performance, stable systems which underpin the earning potential of the business. Understanding the importance of response times and high availability will be second nature and of continual focus.
You’ll know that uptime and availability are massive factors for success but the systems also needs high quality configuration and documentation for support. In order to deliver the best possible experience to our customers you’ll ensure that our operational, technical, and non-functional requirements are delivered to the highest standard.The Role
Nice to have experience with some of the following
- Work with the wider engineering team, attending project meetings and providing critical analysis of the software and suggestion of improvements to infrastructure and architecture.
- Maintain, provision and deploy infrastructure with a heavy focus on automation.
- Ensure applications are operationally sound by ensuring that availability, scalability, performance, backup and failure concerns are fully met.
- Ensure environments are well proportioned and maintained so that delivery is uninterrupted, test results are credible and that production environments meet application requirements for hardware resources.
- Maintain server health at all times with timely updates of systems software including operating systems.
- Utilize monitoring frameworks to proactively identify application problems focusing on high visibility and alerting to effectively deal with outages and platform health.
- Evaluate and administer third party application software such as caching, messaging and data storage with a focus on open source solutions.
- Provide incident and change management reporting and system design documentation where appropriate.
- Provide 3rd line application support on rotation for the platform and all dependent components. What we’re looking for
- Proficient Linux (Ubuntu/Centos) administrator experience.
- Demonstrable operational support for a 24/7 business heavily dependent on real-time software.
- Understanding of TCP/IP stack implementation, as well as good all-round understanding of networking.
- Deep knowledge of best practice principles for CI and CD, ideally with zero downtime/hot deployment experience.
- Proficient with Docker, solid knowledge of containerisation best practices.
- Proficient with Infrastructure as Code Tooling such as Ansible, Terraform
- Experience proactively building for failover within cloud based infrastructure including network partitioning and cross hypervisor/data centre concerns.
- Understanding of load balancing principles and algorithms and experience of using Nginx, ELB, HAProxy, or other load balancers.
- Good level of Bash scripting skills on Linux.
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and design principles.
- Engaging and an excellent communicator who can self-organize to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to explore new technologies and comfortable working across multiple teams with varying levels of expertise and requirements.
- Windows administrator/Powershell scripting experience.
- Network, OS and Application monitoring tools – Splunk, Zabbix, Graphite, Zabbix, Pingdom.
- Container Orchestration Experience – Kubernetes.
- Java/Scala – Akka, Spark, Play, Gradle, SBT.
- Open source technologies – Redis, RabbitMq, MongoDB, Aerospike, ELK Stack, Cassandra, Postgres, InfluxDB.
- CI/CD Tooling - Teamcity, Octopus Deploy, Circle CI.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV. The closing date for this position: 30th December 2018.
Only suitably qualified/shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that your details (CV, name, contact number & email address) will be added to our database. The purpose of our database is solely to keep in touch with you regarding news and new opportunities. We do not share your details with any 3rd party. If you DO NOT want us to save your details, please include the following with applying for this position: "I do not want HumanValue to add my details to their database for future correspondence".