We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. This position is expected to diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programmes.Scope
To provide a high level of technical support across the company, both to internal customers and to external customers. To continually innovate in order to ensure the department is offering the best level of service in terms of services and equipment.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. Email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues will be used. For more complex problems that require nuanced instructions, the incumbent will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, candidates must hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.Responsibilities
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Bright, motivated and driven, with a thirst for digital knowledge.
- Business focused
- Customer focused
- Enjoy knowledge sharing and networking.
- Enthusiastic, analytical, creative, innovative and confident.
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative.